Hot water troubleshoot and recirculating pump question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wopachop

Reaction score
Ok dont laugh. Was with a restaurant owner at a local plumbing supply and the guy was super helpful. We bought the grundfos recirculating pump. Theres an upstairs bathroom where we planned to put the bypass valve. Now the funny part....we both thought he said the pump could be mounted right under the bathroom sink. Not sure why i didnt confirm. Thats like, impossible right? Supposed to be right at the heater on the hot side? Will it even work for this application since its 1" and the pump is 3/4". Wish i had looked at the heater before we went. We were going just for faucets. Pump was an add on.

The troubleshooting part. There was a community water heater. Some issue happened im not sure what it was. But the owner paid to have her own tankless heater installed inside the kitchen. She says its never worked properly. Just cant get hot water to the faucets. It takes forever she says. Was thinking about it this morning. Is it possible the guy plumbed it so that the hot water is still traveling all the way back to the original community tank location? Shes had professionals come test the heater and they say its ok. But nobody can figure out why no hot water to the faucets. We were hoping the recirculator will help. Now im worried its too small being 3/4" and the tankless is 1". Can i use the pump? I opened up the bags dont think i can return.

Attachments

• 20240926_191957.jpg
    20240926_191957.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • 20240926_192015.jpg
    20240926_192015.jpg
    1.8 MB
Back