Help with my basement rough-in

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vader

Reaction score
So Im framing my basement and want to use the existing rough-in for a half bath. Problem is, Im pretty confused with the setup the plumber left behind. I've labeled the pic and also provided a basic floor layout of what the bathroom would look like if I leave the pipes as is. Can anyone provide any feedback on the setup and how/where I would tie in the p-traps for the bathroom sink? Thanks in advance!

2011-11-29 20.59.02 (Large).jpg

bsthroom.jpg

still looking for a reply, any help appreciated

It looks like the line you have marked as not sure is for the lav. But the lav has to be vented. This can be done by either exiting through the roof or connecting to the vent along side the toilet. This must be done above the flood rim of the lav. (42" above the floor) What I'm seeing that may be a problem for you is the location of the vent for the toilet. It appears to be to close to allow it to be concealed in the wall and still have 12" from the wall to the center line of the toilet waste. The do make 10" rough toilets but the are not available in all models. (and they are more expensive)

John

John

John, it the measurements was less than 12" from center line to center line, couldn't he use an offset flange instead of shopping for a hard to find shallow depth toilet?

He can use a offset flange but they can cause stoppage problems. Some offset flanges are better then others. It depends on how much room you have between the flange and the fitting under it as to what one you can use.

John

Looks like rough ins for a toilet and bathtub.
I believe 3" tube for toilet and a 1 1/4" tube for bathtub. IMO

Back