Help! Low Hot Water Pressure!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rondawgca

Reaction score
Hello All,

If anyone can please help I would be most grateful!

Hot water pressure in my house has gradually lessened. Kitchen sink will have moderate pressure when the hot water is first turned on but as the temperature increases it slows to a trickle. Bathtub has very low hot water pressure as well. Pressure at hot water heater is strong.

I have a utility sink right next to the hot water heater that has excellent hot water pressure.

The cold water pressure at all taps is strong. I have no water softener.

I think the problem may be hard water deposits in the pipes... I am not sure so I have come here to ask the experts!

Any and all input would be appreciated!

Please note: I do not have the finances to hire professionals. I am looking for solutions that I can try myself with relatively inexpensive materials and/or purchased or rented tools or equipment.

Thank you very much.

My recommendation is to contact a local plumber who specializes in re-piping and let him tell you how bad your plumbing is. He will provide you a quote, usually free of charge, and if you listen to him carefully, you might pick up on what is needed to attempt the job yourself. IMHO, it is a huge job, with lots of cutting into walls, and although I have done it myself in the past, I chose to have a certified plumber take care of my own re-piping.

Back