Fixture model numbers, what's a homeowner to do?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgilley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to leverage some historical knowledge here under "it can't be this difficult".

so, my house was built in 1988ish. My daughter has decided to renovate the front bathroom, and as part of this process is doing some re-design, changing colors, stuff I just don't care about. Part of the renovation effort is changing out the fixtures and shower stuff. The only problem is that she bought the bathtub/shower kit and missed the fact that it was a Moen. Back in the late 80s, the houses in this area all had delta this and that cheap crap, so bad on her, now we're trying to address the issue.

All I need is a compatible shower plate that goes over the valve assembly. But on build.com, etc they reference delta model 10000, 130000, .... None of this is on the valve assembly. She is confident that it's a Delta 600., but again. The only bs I can see is that Moen made their valve a smaller diameter to avoid compatibiility with delta. Typical. Going out to build.com, amazon, plumber this and that, no diagram actually references the diameter of the damn valve.

Help an ignorant homeowner.

Going to leverage some historical knowledge here under "it can't be this difficult".

so, my house was built in 1988ish. My daughter has decided to renovate the front bathroom, and as part of this process is doing some re-design, changing colors, stuff I just don't care about. Part of the renovation effort is changing out the fixtures and shower stuff. The only problem is that she bought the bathtub/shower kit and missed the fact that it was a Moen. Back in the late 80s, the houses in this area all had delta this and that cheap crap, so bad on her, now we're trying to address the issue.

All I need is a compatible shower plate that goes over the valve assembly. But on build.com, etc they reference delta model 10000, 130000, .... None of this is on the valve assembly. She is confident that it's a Delta 600., but again. The only bs I can see is that Moen made their valve a smaller diameter to avoid compatibiility with delta. Typical. Going out to build.com, amazon, plumber this and that, no diagram actually references the diameter of the damn valve.

Help an ignorant homeowner.
Does the faucet handle turn from right to left to turn it on and the farther to the left the handle travels the hotter the water ? Delta 13/1400 series trim

Does the faucet turn on by lifting up on the handle then turn left or right for temp ? Delta 600 trim.

Assuming it is Delta.

Does the faucet handle turn from right to left to turn it on and the farther to the left the handle travels the hotter the water ? Delta 13/1400 series trim

Does the faucet turn on by lifting up on the handle then turn left or right for temp ? Delta 600 trim.

Assuming it is Delta.
lifts up to turn on and left and right for temp. 600 all the way.

Back