DIY Plumber looking for feedback on wet vent

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jthurlow431

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm an absolute amateur that has only done a few personal plumbing projects and I'd like some feedback since this is my first "wet vent". I read some things about code regarding the flood level for a wet vent and disallowed things when it comes to routing and fittings do to clog concerns. Anyway, here I had to bend around some non-standard framing. The sanitary t ties in a kitchen sink. Above this area it goes straight up to ceiling height before bending over to go out of the roof. Any issues here?

1000018623.jpg

In my area, All pipe below the kitchen tie in is a drain, and cannot be used to vent other fixtures legally. Essentially the vent is from the kitchen Santee through the roof serving only the kitchen drain. Is the kitchen trap vented at the sink?
Where are you located and what code is adopted?

In my area, All pipe below the kitchen tie in is a drain, and cannot be used to vent other fixtures legally. Essentially the vent is from the kitchen Santee through the roof serving only the kitchen drain. Is the kitchen trap vented at the sink?
Where are you located and what code is adopted?
I'm in Arkansas, and none of this work will be subject to inspection. That being said I'm not big on cutting corners, but if the only reasoning for doing something was "well because code", I wouldn't be concerned with that. Now that being said this is a septic system so venting properly is important. The way I have this set up currently is two vents. Both are "wet vents". One is being used as a drain for the sink, and the other is a washer and vanity drain. In both cases they go straight up from the main line and out to the roof, but have a sanitary t tie in for the fixture drain. The toilet and shower tie in at the end of the line about 10 ft past the last vent. My understanding is a vented system prevents pressure build up and p-traps create the rest of the protection so that no gas can just wander through the pipes.

Back