diverter for inside pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravine

Reaction score
We are removing a basement toilet and in its place I'd like to add a cleanout.

The toilet is a rear exhaust toilet, connected only a few inches from the point at which that half of the house drains out to the septic (it is at the lowest point in the drainage).

The non-toilet drainage ( coming from the shower, upstairs toilet, kitchen sink) all come in at a 90 degree angle and then drain out to septic. If you imagine a 'T' with the Septic and toilet connected by straight line and the rest at the 90 degree turn. We were not using the toilet and I believe 'accumulation' was taking a right turn towards the toilet and not going out to septic and this was causing backup.

My question is if there is some sort of diverting/blocking mechanism to keep all waste going left down directly to septic while at the same time allowing me to have my cleanout w/o it recreating the same problem. I envision a balloon but that seems very short term.

The picture below/attached is facing directly down. Toilet connects to the right from the ~4.0" steel pipe, left is septic, increased elevation and larger is the main line in from all else.

Many thanks.

IMG_20111229_145859-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back