Crock and Sump install with issues and compromised wall.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtaw

Reaction score
Hello everyone I had to search a bit to find this forum, and now i hope i am posting in the correct place. i need some wisdom.
I had a company install a crock and sump pump in my basement after i had a serious situation of flooding. I knew i needed a sump.

the company installed it in the lowest corner, a few weeks later it rained hard, the crock was bone dry, i guess not enough to really collect, HOWEVER the wall in the corner where the crock was installed leaked a few cups worth of water onto the floor, it ran around the crock because the crock is about 1/4'' ABOVE the basement floor.

it NEVER leaked there before, they must have jack hammered too much "meat" and caused a leak in the corner.
The company came back out today and did a repair to fix this situation, my concern is HOW they fixed it.
They installed an L shaped Waterguard system around the crock. I was told it fits up against the basement wall and leave an 8th inch gap...well ...this GAP is big enough to get my Hand inside.

IF water does leak in now, i suppose it will go into the sump pump,...but....does this look right to you? These gaps are BIG,...should i get really fine stone and fill this crack up?
Should i get that thick rubber tape and tape over the crack? Im also concerned with this open gap to the unkown it will be releasing all kinds of smells. My basement to this day has been very clean and odor free.

thanks for any advice you can give i really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20240806_153139.jpg
    20240806_153139.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240806_153144.jpg
    20240806_153144.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240807_025557.jpg
    20240807_025557.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Don't do anything, wait till it rains watch the area, take a video of it if it doesn't work, if you,alter their work you will probably void any kind of warranty

thanks , i get impulsive I had to take a step back though and Ill be certain to take your advice. Ill just wait, eventually we will have another 2 or 3 days of rain here in NJ and then ill know for certain LOL. its only a matter of time in NJ

Back