Can't find right reducer size for fridge water dispenser.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macl

Reaction score
Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this, since I cannot seem to find any proper adapter/reducer to finish installing my fridge's water dispenser..

The fridge comes with a male 1/4" (6mm), and under my sink it is installed a 3/8" shutoff valve and a 3/8 flexible tube.. I cannot find the right adapter to this.. Can anyone explain to me what are the measurements I need and maybe show me an example online? I thought it would be a very simple thing to install but turns out it is not that easy..

Thanks!
Mac

Attachments

• tmp.jpg
    tmp.jpg
    33.5 KB
your post says you have a 3/8" flexible tube. If it is plastic poly tube, you should be warned that poly tube will need both a internal brass stiffener AND a poly ferrule.
Frankly, it is so easy to blow out tubing when not done properly, you might want to get your details perfectly figured before proceeding.
Changing the supply angle stop to 1/4" is also good practice.

Thank you both for the help!

And yes, I have the brass stiffener and the ferrule, just didn't have it in the picture because was still trying to figure out what to do to reduce to the 1/4".
So if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting to change the lines to be 1/4 from the shutoff valve?

Back