Can grey PVC be used, what brand of valve?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wopachop

Reaction score
All 3 are leaking its a rainbird 100DAS. Would you replace with a different brand?
Quick google search said grey PVC is schedule 80 and can be glued to white PVC.
Grey looks nicer to me.

Attachments

• 20240809_082822.jpg
    20240809_082822.jpg
    5 MB
I see amazon has rebuild kits for $10.
Ive never used them before.

I've tried rebuilding, but they still leak. For $10 more, I just buy a new valve.

Is that at all common using a threaded Grey pipe into the valve instead of an adapter?

I added PVC unions for a quick replacement. Best thing I've done with my sprinkler system.
Seems like watering your landscape would be the best thing you’ve done with your sprinkler system……😬

With 6 valves, 28 low flow sprinkler heads, and about 50+ drip lines going to plants, trees and bushes, it seems my system is always being worked on. I installed a fully automatic Rachio system with its own weather station, so it will water when my landscape needs it. My yard is the envy of the neighborhood thanks to this phone app controlled controller.

Know any tricks for getting a gate valve to seal? Ive worked it back and forth real gently. Its at the point i dont want to twist any harder.
Bummer the rainbird rebuild kit doesnt come with the solenoid oring. I dont have my oring kit with me so i wrapped with teflon tape for now.
I need to build or buy me a tool to make it easy to turn off water at the street.
Will replace the valves at some point. Im kind of liking the grey PVC nipple. I read its better for outdoor use with more UV protection than white.

Back