Broken trap seal, looking for brand of this shower drainage system

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillJT

Reaction score
I have a broken trap seal in my floor drain. Unfortunately, it is in a wetroom so the only other solution would be to rip up all the tiles to replace.

Does anyone have any idea of the manufacturer of this system or seen this before?

Thanks,

Will

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.21.01.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.21.01.png
    1.5 MB
  • Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.20.46.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 15.20.46.png
    2 MB
Broken trap seal???? That's the water in the trap preventing sewer gas inflation can you be more specific... Thanks ,if you mean the trap, is it possible for access below, if it's a tiles/ grout issue you can repair from above

Thanks for the reply!

There is a drain smell that comes through the shower drain. Some days it's worse than others but on any day it's pretty unbearable. I am told this is due to the trap seal being broken and needing replacing. If a new trap seal is found this can be done by hand easily without moving any tiles. I can't find the make or model of the shower drain to investigate with the manufacturer.

The only alternative solution I've been given is to rip all tiles up in the wet room and replace with a shower tray (and new shower drain) then retile the bathroom. Which is very expensive.

Thanks,

Why do you have a trap seal in your shower. I have never seen one in a shower. If the trap has water in it, that keeps out the sewer gas. Does your shower drain not have a P trap on it.

I am based in the UK. I think I need to get on a UK forum as our parts of different. Thanks for your help anyway chaps!

Back