Why aren't bathrooms encapsulated?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, it's weird. My family home was built in 65 for my parents - family home. It never had any settling issues. Everyting was always square. The roof had 2x4 rafters. No issues. The damn front door knob was original and still working fine (I've replaced multiple entry knobs due to failure). Hell, the original Bryant AC system ran for 40 f'ing years.

I'm starting to suspect a conspiracy.

You know, it's weird. My family home was built in 65 for my parents - family home. It never had any settling issues. Everyting was always square. The roof had 2x4 rafters. No issues. The damn front door knob was original and still working fine (I've replaced multiple entry knobs due to failure). Hell, the original Bryant AC system ran for 40 f'ing years.

All about the money... and it always will be.. things are made to fail at 10 years.
I bought 40 year shingles, they were really thick.. I thought these won't go bad in my lifetime.. but stupid me, I added some rain diverters, in several places, and I believe I caused some leaks that no one could figure out.. so I said replace the whole thing. I bought atlas lifetime shingles , thought these will be great. Things look like 10 year shingles... I'm betting that's what they last. Everything is cheap crap.

Things are built to fail. That’s a fact.

Back