Well issues

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larkllin

Reaction score
My well is pissing water out of what I think is the air vent. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2876.jpeg
    IMG_2876.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Does it mean my tank is bad and needs replaced? It makes the psi tag all the way up and after alittle while we get dirty water and it starts spitting. Does that part just need changed? I’m a dummy when it comes to this but I’m trying to learn and fix myself
Should there be a plug or something in it? I havnt been able to find a picture or video with a well that has one like this. We have been shutting it off when we dont need it to keep from hopefully damaging it more or something else

Attachments

• IMG_2960.png
    IMG_2960.png
    10.9 MB · Views: 0
Just get a new one and change it, and make sure you index it correctly, they have to be the right side up.

It means you can't just screw it in tight and walk away, you have to turn it until it's right side up, so it will work properly. If it gets tight before it's indexed correctly you have to take it out and re-seal the threads, and then don't tighten it past the proper position. If you don't understand this you need some qualified help.

Back