Well Cap Extension

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS9157

Reaction score
I'm raising the level of my yard, so I need to extend the well casing, but having a hard time removing the well cap. Also, what's the best way to attach the extension? Attached pics for reference. Thanks in advance.20230422_123155.jpg20230422_123206.jpg20230422_123155.jpg20230422_123206.jpg

You must have a pitless adapter, which makes that type well seal very unusual and maybe not safe. The wore for the pump should come through the well cap like with a regular pitless well cap. If those wires go through a hole in the casing below ground, it is hard to seal and may let contamination in the well.

Don't cut those bolts or take the nuts all the way off and the bottom half and bolts can fall in the well. But if it won't budge, being that there is no wire coming through the well cap, I would sawsall off the casing about 3" below the top of the well seal. Weld on some casing to extend at least 18" above grade, and use a regular pitless well cap with a conduit connection and pull the wire through the well cap as it should be.

Latest posts

Back