Ways to fix crack in 1" pvc from the inside?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssairline

Reaction score
I've had a 1" pvc airline pipe to a pond aerator crack and I could use some ideas on how to possibly fix it from the inside. Access or digging up the pond to where the crack is and fixing from the outside would be very costly so it would be best if a solution can be found to avoid it.

The crack must be hairline as adding a gallon of water to the airline causes the line to pressurize and work fine for a few hours. I can eventually see the water following the pipe back out and I can hear a slight hissing/bubbling about 4' under the pond when the line is pressurized.

What I've been trying to find is some sort of internet compression fitting. Code regulations of course would not be a problem. Has anyone seen a pipe fitting that would allow me to push a new pipe (could be as small as 1/2") into the cracked pipe and once I know it's past the crack either rotate the pipe to expand an o-ring or other sort of compression adapter to seal the pipe or maybe a reverse compression type piece that as I pull back on the pipe it expands an O-ring or other fitting that seals against the outside of the 1/2" and inside of the 1"?

I've looked all over and can't find any such parts.

I've also looked into the balloon and other pipe repair services but they can't operate on pipes smaller than 3".

Thanks.

You not going to find anything to do what you are trying to do. The only fix is to replace the line.
You might try putting a smaller line inside and only having to re plumb just the ends. Other than that
you would need a new line.

Back