Water Softener Drain Location for Basement Install

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatoneguy182

Reaction score
Hello,

Newbie here trying to figure out the best way to drain a water softener in my basement. I had someone come and quote install of a system, and they were just going to drain into the ejector pit which concerned me since I figured the salt water would destroy the pump. I have a hole next to my ejector pit where my humidifier and AC drain into which I'm not quite sure where that goes. Would I be able to drain right into that hole? I can't tell if it's connected to the ejector pit or not.

If it is connected to the ejector pit, I have a main drain line which goes above where I want to put the water softener so maybe that is the best place to connect the drain? I added a few picture of possible drain locations and I wanted to get some input from some experts. I live in Illinois, I don't have the water softener system yet but hoping to buy once I have the draining situation figured out.

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• ExtraDrain.png
    ExtraDrain.png
    661.1 KB
  • MainDrain.png
    MainDrain.png
    635.5 KB
  • WasherDrain.png
    WasherDrain.png
    1.2 MB
  • WaterSoftenerLayout.png
    WaterSoftenerLayout.png
    1.1 MB
Run a hose into your drain where the AC is at for about 10 minutes and see it the pump kicks on. If not put it there.

Latest posts

Back