Water Hammer Arrestor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henhen59

Reaction score
My city water comes in 2x a week. When it comes there isnt enough pressure to take it to my building roof to fill a 500galon plastic tank. I use a small pump with a booster tank set to 40psi it also feeds my apartment. I noticed when the pump cuts there is a huge bang outside. There is a whole mess of pipes feeding my apartment. Didnt want to go into all the details its hard to explain (but im sure Ill be back for advice on that later)

My main question is how to install a water hammer on pvc? I went to amazon to look at water hammer arrestors and only found everything for brass pipes or pec or sharkbite but not connectors for pvc. Do those exist? Maybe Adapters?

Ill have to check for the check valve.. my system is a pipe with another pipes on top of pipes.. seems like they where put there to fix a mistake then to fix the fix etc..
This was actually the mess i was going to ask about later.

I think I should have sat down and made myself a diagram to try to sort things out first before asking...but i was worried about the water hammer bang going on. Ill get back with that info.

Yes, please document what’s going on and post pictures if possible, including height of the building etc.

Back