Water Filter Installation Woes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniell

Reaction score
This is my first post here. Here is my long and tortured story.
I am trying to install a water filter system. Here is the problem.
The water diversion T that comes with the water filter requires a 1/2 inch female connector for the faucet line. My faucet line has a connector that does not seem to fit anything. It is smaller than 1/2 inch (It is close to 3/8 inch) I tried screwing a 3/8 inch threaded bushing into it. It would not thread into it. At present I am sitting with a filtration and cannot hook it up. Even the technician from the filter company has run out of ideas.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Someone please help, and make my day.
I am attaching an image.

pipe2.jpg

Then what are you doing with a tee? It should be supply into the filter and out of the filter into the faucet.

John

Here is the problem. The T requires 1/2 inch plumber's thread that attaches to the connector from the faucet line. The faucet line connector is 3/8 inch and not plumber's thread. It is a much finer thread. I have to find a way to adapt the faucet line connector so that it will fit a 1/2 inch male connector.

I assume this is something like an osmosis filter with a separate water tap and small water tank. That looks like a braided 3/8" hose ends. What does is say on the label wrapped around the braided hose?

if the unit is a seperate tap, like a r/o tap then just use a t on the supply line and use a 3/8 refrigerator line with compression stops on it.

this is harder to think about than to do... a trip to the hardware store with the needed connections on paper or in memory should be sufficiant.

plumbers thread? i assume you are referring to NPT ( nominal pipe thread )

Back