Water backing up the 2nd floor bathtub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klnyc

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I need some help here. My situation is water is backing up to my floor which is the 2nd floor. This only happened when 3rd take a shower and I see the water start creeping up. When the 3rd floor uses any other water resource it doesn't back up on my floor. It only happens when someone taking a shower. The 1st and basement have no issue at all. I used a 35 feet auger and i dont see any hair or debris. So I am wondering can i snake it from the basement main drain going upward? Is that possible?

Anything is possible with luck.

People would be guessing unless they saw the exact situation with the piping.

Does it creep up in your shower from upstairs shower or in your toilet? .The showers could be plumbed seperately or all together down to the main line. Id started at shower plumbing between second floor and first floor Ive snaked houses down thru the roof vent if house wasn't to tall or pitch of roof unsafe to climb on..

Hello guys,

I need some help here. My situation is water is backing up to my floor which is the 2nd floor. This only happened when 3rd take a shower and I see the water start creeping up. When the 3rd floor uses any other water resource it doesn't back up on my floor. It only happens when someone taking a shower. The 1st and basement have no issue at all. I used a 35 feet auger and i dont see any hair or debris. So I am wondering can i snake it from the basement main drain going upward? Is that possible?
Try snaking from the 3rd fl bathroom sink,the clog is under the 2nd fl bath that's why water shows up there when the 3rd fl is used,use a longer snake as you snake run the 3rd fl tub
And have someone watch the 2nd fl to see what happens

Back