Venting inspection testing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yzman720

Reaction score
New constreuction home -
Wanting to test my venting with a pressure test before I sheetrock
At my clean out I have already connected my main drain to the neighborhood's sewage system

Is there anyway to test it now that I have already connected the main line? I can't think of a way to plug it its already buried so I am trying to brainstorm

Also I know this is for a leakage test but are there any test you can do to tell you if everything is trapped and vented correctly?

Cherne makes test balls that you can screw into a clean out tee, pump up with air and then fill your plumbing system with water to test for leaks. as for making sure everything is trapped and vented properly that is what your inspector is for. link to test balls Cherne Clean Seal

To be sure that everything is vented and trapped properly is to have a responsible plumber install it or have a plumbing inspector check it. If you would like to take a series of pictures and post them, we would be happy to look them over and maybe catch something that could be a problem down the road.

Back