Sink Faucet leaking internally?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndog1

Reaction score
My kitchen sink is dripping from what looks like inside. I was initially guessing from an internal connection where the line is connected from the factory. The brown deposits are on the line even up inside the threaded base so that leak is def from inside. Today i saw a drip from the set screw near the threads though as circled after using the sink. I’m not sure if it’s the same leak or possibly a separate issue with an O ring. Maybe the same leak coming from higher up. Not sure if this will even be serviceable. Once it’s off i can’t diagnose so just need a game plan. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6276.jpeg
    IMG_6276.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6277.jpeg
    IMG_6277.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6278.jpeg
    IMG_6278.jpeg
    585 KB · Views: 0
Looks like a no name brand throw away. I suggest replacement.

As an FYI I was called to replace a kitchen faucet quite similar to yours, that was "leaking internally". Once I got there and examined everything, it was pretty clear that there was nothing wrong with the faucet itself, but the faucet head's hose which is connected at the head, goes back down through the gooseneck, and connects underneath. One of the crimp fittings on the hose was bad, such when the faucet was turned on, some water "back flowed" down the gooseneck into the cabinet below.

I don't know if this is the case for you or not, but it was a $12 hose and an easy fix. There are universal hoses and OEM hoses too, but for yours, if you are looking, what you want is a "pull down" hose as opposed to a "pull out" hose.

Back