Sanity check - under slab shed bathroom pipe venting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomic

Reaction score
I am putting in a shed and want to put in a toilet and shower. I would love if someone could sanity check this for me please.

Plan.png

This is going into a septic system, and I plan to use 100mm DWV piping under the slab. I know it’s over kill.
My main concern is around venting of the system as there is only one vent in my plan. My understanding is that I’m using 100mm pipe, there is plenty of air gap there.
The wet vent is close to the toilet which I believe will be fine. The main part I am concerned about is do I require another vent for the shower/room overflow?
This is not a house, It is a backyard job. I just want to try to avoid problems if there is a simple change.
I'd be very grateful if someone could check and see if this looks OK.

It’s incorrect. The bathroom drain (assuming floor drain ) and the shower are not vented properly. It’ll work but it’s not correct according to most all American plumbing codes.

If you want to use minimal venting, look up "horizontal wet venting", to find any variety of layouts that may conform to your layout

Thank you for the replys. Good to know it will 'work' but will look into horizontal wet vents.
If I remove the bathroom drain then the shower drain would be vented also and I should be ok?

Just for clarity, here is my updated design.
I added an extra vent for the WC and kept the wet vent with the shower

Attachments

• Plan3.png
    Plan3.png
    13 KB · Views: 0
Back