Rusted water in 1 sink of a 2 sink vanity

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justinwayne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I have a question for the forum. I just installed a new 2 sink vanity. When I turn on 1 of the sinks faucet in the morning it starts out with rusty water then it clears this happens every day. The other sink doesn't do that its clear all the time. I never changed piping just the vanity and sinks. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you..

What brand of faucets did you install? I've seen a cheap Amazon faucet set that was supposed to have brass fittings end up with brass only the cold-water and brass colored steel on the hot water. After a few months, the hot water was always rust colored when you first turned the hot water on, but not the cold water.

Hi Everyone. I have a question for the forum. I just installed a new 2 sink vanity. When I turn on 1 of the sinks faucet in the morning it starts out with rusty water then it clears this happens every day. The other sink doesn't do that its clear all the time. I never changed piping just the vanity and sinks. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Thank you..
You have a piece of steel piping or a piece of foreign debris stuck in the water line or faucet. Try removing the aerator and checking there first.

I’ve never seen a plumbing faucet made with internal parts that will rust.

Back