Replacing Tub Faucet with another brand

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raftingdon2

Reaction score
I have a bad seat in my faucet. And at the same time, my tub faucets and trimmings are old. I have a Central Brand faucet. I'm wanting to replace this with another brand (possibly). When I purchase the replacements parts (including new seat) will another brand's product fit? Are the thread openings that the seat goes into somewhat universal, or for example, will only a Central Brand seat fit into the connections in the wall?

Sorry, but no they are not universal.
Each brand has it's own design and thread pattern.
You can replace the whole valve body with a single handle unit and use a repair cover plate so you don't always have to end up redoing the whole wall.
I have a thread here showing the replacment using a Moen valve

I guess I don't have a thread on that.
Having a Senior moment I guess.
Here's a few pictures.

DSC04426 (800x600).jpg

DSC04428 (800x600).jpg

DSC04431 (800x600).jpg

DSC04434 (800x600).jpg

DSC04445 (800x600).jpg

DSC04447 (800x600).jpg

DSC04449 (800x600).jpg

I have a 1/4 inch seat. I guess I'll look to replace with the same brand which is central (At least that's what it says on the faucet handles). So if I purchase another Central Brand Faucet with a 1/4 inch seat it should fit?

Is Central a manufacturer?

Post a picture of the valve stem and seat and we can probably better answer that. May even get you a part #

Back