replacing hansgrohe HW cartridge too often.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz57

Reaction score
put in hansgrohe Solaris 06648 kitchen faucet with side spray 18 years ago.
I changed the HW faucet cartridge 5 years ago and 2 years ago with OEM parts, 94009000
But the HW is leaking again.
Our water isn't hard at all. And all the other faucets in the house of the same age aren't having any issues.

Is it possible the faucet is done, or are parts not what they once were? I have been trying to find the right O ring for the cartridge, but thus far have been unable to.
Perhaps I have over greased? But it is tight.

18 years is a pretty good run. Has the hot water been getting used more wearing the cartridge out quicker? What's your water supply, are you getting sediment?

no sediment. I'd say no more than any other HW.

Trash in your water can affect longevity. If a cartridge corrects your leak then the quality of cartridges could be factor also.

Your choices are to repair or replace, no magic can be worked and chicken blood as a quick fix is overrated.

ooooo, chicken blood. Hand't thought of that.

I thought it was rooster blood? Which is better? LOL. I have seen faucets that kept blowing through catridges because the factory didn't de-burr the rough metal bits so the O-rings gets nicked when you install them. To reduce that problem, I use lots of silicone grease when I install them. But since your first cartridge lasted a long time, I assume you don't have this issue.

no. either it's a tired faucet or they don't make them carts like they used to.

I thought it was rooster blood? Which is better? LOL. I have seen faucets that kept blowing through catridges because the factory didn't de-burr the rough metal bits so the O-rings gets nicked when you install them. To reduce that problem, I use lots of silicone grease when I install them. But since your first cartridge lasted a long time, I assume you don't have this issue.
A rooster is a chicken

Back