Pull out kitchen tap

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarajanes

Reaction score
Hello we have bought a new mixer tap.the one which pulls out from base.really nice however we have 2 problems,first being the flow from hot tap is next to nothing.plenty in cold,we have checked for airlock,there just seems be no pressure when checking airlock in hot tap.

2nd problem the head of tap.changes from normal flow to spray like a shower.it was working,now it stopped we took of the head to check for debris.but on putting back on,it wont change just comes out as spray.really confused on both problems,would appreciate some advice..i cant find a picture of what the inside of the head would look like to see if can identify the problem.please help.stunning new kitchen we have done but no hot water coming through good.:confused::confused::confused:

Many faucets need lots of pressure in order to switch from pour to spray. If you remove the supply line to the faucet and open the valve, do you get good pressure? If so, you either have a kink in the line or you still have residual sediment within the faucet. I had a similar problem with my faucet and found sediment at the base of the pull out handle, and was only successful in removing the blockage with high pressure air.

This is the strange thing.when we removed the supply line.water gushed out good flow then.but we checked for kinks,none,checked faucet all seemed ok.put handle on crap pressure.been told we have low pressure,we not on combi boiler.apparently since its gravity feed.not enough power tap is a 0-5 bar min..so think its no good for my kitchen.really dissapointed.oh we checked for air locks etc.

Ah thankyou for your reply.Its not got any blockage..we had a plumber come and look.strip etc.my water pressure is low,as originally suspected.we cant have higher than a 0.2 bar. the tab is 0.5 bar.And its not suitable for low pressure systems this was the problem.thankyou for your advice..

Back