plumbing my first basement bathroom - looking for confirmation on my DWV/venting plan

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsharpe1983

Reaction score
Pictured here is the space for this basement bathroom. Aside from the 4" DWV line in the floor there everything else is being ripped out as it doesn't match our layout. It was put there when the house was built and never used. To the left of the wall in the picture is a storage area where we are adding a utility sink.

1724444003180.jpeg

Here's my DWV layout plan. I'm sorry for the janky drawings. I don't have better drawing tools. I tried to color code things.
Black is walls
Blue is new fixtures
Red is 4" DWV
Orange is 3" DWV
Green is 2" DWV

I'm sure having some wet vents probably decrease the amount of vents i need, but after my internet research about them and how to place them it got too complicated for me - so I mostly figured, screw it and all the vents will be dry.

Maybe the only odd thing(?) is that I'm trying to land this backwater preventer under the vanity - so that It's still accessible but not right in the middle of the nice new floor. This creates more bends in the layout than would otherwise be necessary. But the pre-existing 4x4x3 sorta points in the right direction, so I thought it could work?

Other question i'm not sure about is whether or not to have long 90s in the bottom of the walls going up into the vents and sink drains or if a normal 90 elblo is sufficient. Really appreciate anyone's input. Thank you!
untitled.jpg

Back