Plumb a new toilet addition

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregM74

Reaction score
Hi all, a little advice would be appreciated.

The toilet in my mbath backs up to the back wall of my house. The cleanout is directly outside that wall.

I would like to install a simple outdoor bathroom on that same wall. Is it possible to connect the outside toilet to that cleanout? If so, a little info on that connection before I contact a plumber for the job would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
:)

I would be very wary of doing that. It is possible that the new bathroom would drain through the existing bathroom group, causing trap siphoning or expulsion issues. A competent plumber with a sewer camera would be the best way to find out for sure.

Also, I don't know code in your area, but the code I am familiar with requires that if you use a cleanout for installation of new fixtures, that a new and equal cleanout be provided. Again dependant on your local code, the new water closet might suffice.

Thanks for the response. Not being a plumber, I thought the cleanout would just be extended out to the new toilet and then beyond for a new cleanout. The vent is in the wall directly behind the toilet.

I guess I'll ask the city inspector about the local code and see if it's acceptable to even consider this project.

Back