Outdoor Showerhead Dilemma

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geosbride

Reaction score
Hi all~

We just moved into a house with an outdoor shower by the pool, however the showerhead is all cracked and leaking profusely (and after 2 wks of using it, has caused indoor ceramic floor tiles on the other side of the wall to be wet!).

At any rate, I'd love to replace the showerhead except its connector is much bigger than on any of the standard heads we've purchased (about the size of a garden hose connection).

I don't even know what to call this type of head to search for it online, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about in local stores.... any thoughts?

Although this sounds dumb, I'm actually thinking of getting some kind of hose end since I can't find anything else--would that work? Or does anyone know what I should actually be looking for?

Thanks kindly! :D

Sounds like what you have is a shower arm with a type of union on the end of it. (the shower arm is the bent pipe coming out of the wall) Remove the old shower arm and replace it with a new shower arm and shower head. The newer heads no longer use your older type arm.

John

Back