No water in bathroom sink or toilet but shower works fine

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

churchill

Reaction score
I had a tenant move out about a month ago. She never complained about water in the bathroom. Today I noticed that the bathroom sink has no water and neither does the toilet, no hot water or cold water. I made sure that valves for the sink and toilet are both open. Hot and cold water in the shower currently work fine. Water in the kitchen is fine as well. What would cause this to happen? A maintenance person did replace the diverter and handle for the shower very recently. Is it possible that he shut off the water to the sink and the toilet somehow when he was working on the shower?

You will need to provide more info. If both valves have been opened fully under the sink, but yet you still have no water, then you need to follow the pipe towards your incoming water to see if another valve is turned off. Is this a single family home, a high rise apartment, a shared wall condominium?

You will need to provide more info. If both valves have been opened fully under the sink, but yet you still have no water, then you need to follow the pipe towards your incoming water to see if another valve is turned off. Is this a single family home, a high rise apartment, a shared wall condominium?
Both valves for the hot and cold water of the sink are open and the valve for the toilet is open as well. No water is getting to either the sink or the toilet. This is an ADU built over a garage. There is a main house as well. The main house and the ADU share a water meter. The water runs fine everywhere in the main house and everywhere in the ADU except the bathroom sink and the toilet. The ADU has one bathroom only with a toilet, sink, and shower. The shower is running fine. Only the toilet and sink don't get water in the bathroom. The shower handle and diverter were changed recently. I don't know if this could have impacted the sink or toilet though.

You will need to investigate further. I would start at the sediment screen, and see if it is clogged. Next, remove one of your supply lines from under the sink, and open and close your valve to see if water runs. If you still don't have water, I would recommend tracing back and looking for another valve, stop or shut off which controls that portion of your water supply. It is very uncommon to have water to an adjacent shower work correctly, but the sink and toilet do not work.

Back