New water heater, new problem... HELP!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philioise

Reaction score
Thought I'd post this in another forum, as a plumber is coming in a few hours, and I'd like to know a little more about the problem...

I had a plumber (perhaps I use the term loosely?) install a new water heater for me last week. The old one was a 30 gallon, new one 40 - both gas. He had to turn the water off at the street to install a new gate valve.

Now I've got water hammer when I turn off the hot water anywhere in the house. I can't help but think it's something involving the installation, as I didn't have any problems before.

Any ideas??

He installed a gate valve? They should out law those.
Maybe the cold supply he shut off to change the valve was not turned back on all the way.

Mr David,

Thanks for the input, but the problems been solved - a family of raccoons have moved into the crawlspace under my house. A brick that used to be supporting a pipe got moved; the plumber moved a piece of insulation and put the brick back. Problem solved (at no charge, I might add...).

Regards,

Christina

That's Funny. Thanks for letting us know.
Those raccoons sure are cute critters but man can they be vicious.

Well, that outcome certainly was not what I expected. Thanks for posting the cure to your problem!

Back