New member needs help identifying a needed replacement cartridge DIY

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneS

Reaction score
I do have a little bit of experience but this is nuts! I started to replace the "washers" on my 3 valve tub/shower faucet and I can't find anything online that has been any help so far. The hot/cold valves turn full on/off with a 180 degree twist It is leaking, of course. I have not yet pulled the cartridge. I ran out of time. I'll come back later and post some pictures if needed. I just put the handles back on. I turned off the water at the main but as it turned out it was a wasted action. The main body of the valve is deep back in the wall and I'm hoping I don't mess things up so bad that I have a disaster on my hands. The handles are held on with what looks like a 4 inch screw. The stem of the valve has a process with a cutout that looks to be about 90 degrees out of the 360. The handle has the matching piece to engage the stem. I'm guessing that this thing has a cartridge. The cartridge is behind a hexagonal "nut" that is about 1/8 inch thick. The rest of the stem is unremarkable, no lettering or numbers that I could easily read. Now that I think about it I should have taken some pictures with my phone.

Who made this? Who sells the parts I need? Where can I lookup the part number? or what? What is the proper name for this cartridge? This is very frustrating since EVERYTHING is on the Internet these days. I am glad I found your forum. I have great expectations.

Back