New Master Bedroom and Bathroom Addition

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the P traps, how long can a 2" horizontal drain run in the crawlspace to meet the 3" sewer branch?
Also, I am considering using an AAV under my double vanity and in the washer closet with a in wall vent for fresh air intake. Would cut down on a lot of drilling. They are accepted in Delaware and the IPC. Anyone see any issues with this? My shower will still be dry vented per the drawing and I assume it would still be OK to wet vent the toilet? Thanks for all the info.

The requirements for the distances of the vent for a P-trap are shown in post #4, and reasoning for those distances are shown in #6.

After your P-trap vent, you won't have any distance requirements to worry about as long as you maintain the 1/4" per foot slope.

There has been lots of discussion on AAVs of late on this forum. AAVs are mechanical devices that can and do fail. The result isn't totally disastrous, but they can cause drainage problems which will usually be noticed before any major issue occurs. They also do need some maintenance at times to clean dust and dirt for them to operate correctly. As such, they cannot be enclosed in a wall, but they can be behind a louvered cover in a wall box.

A dry vent is pretty foolproof and is always best. As I am not a professional plumber who has had to install several thousand systems, I've always been able to install atmospheric vents. In other words, I've not been in a position to even consider an AAV. But they do have a place when installing an atmospheric vent is difficult due to layout, cost, etc.

Latest posts

Back