New house with septic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markzolotoy

Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first house with a septic tank. I have read that certain things should not go into the septic tank. For example, paint. So, if I hire people to paint inside of the house how the people should be handling the paint they will be using?

Thanks

I am looking to buy my first house with a septic tank. I have read that certain things should not go into the septic tank. For example, paint. So, if I hire people to paint inside of the house how the people should be handling the paint they will be using?

Thanks
They shouldn’t put the paint down the drains.

Common sense answer. Thank you.

Yeah I noticed that the few times I paid professionals to paint for me (I usually do it myself), they would always leave any extra paint so they would not have to drive all the way to the county dump where unused paint is supposed to be separated. The rule followers don't pour into drains. It can be collected and recycled or the cities that let you drop off unwanted paint will store it and give it out for free if people need mixed paint.

Back