Mansfield Shower pan

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdohm

Reaction score
I have a question about a shower pan I’m installing.
The shower pan is a Mansfield 60x32 steel shower pan. I’m at the point of dry fitting and everything is perfectly level.
My question is, is it normal for the 4in curb to be slightly angled towards the outside of the pan?
With the pan “installed” perfectly level from all directions and in accordance with instructions, the front curb naturally expels water away from the pan and onto the floor. I understand I’ll be installing a door but shouldn’t the curb naturally pull water towards the pan?
Also, I adjusted the pan to see what would happen if I had the front up a little (causing the pan to be unlevel) it still barely pulls water to the pan.
As of now everything is back level and correct just scratching my head on this curb issue.
Any advice or help is appreciated!

I wouldn’t use that pan. The threshold shouldn’t be directing water to the outside.

I was thinking the same, I think, I will return the pan and just get a tub. I’m Having a hard time finding a good shower base.

Thanks for the suggestion! Going to return the tub base I have and order the Dreamline. Seems to have great reviews too.

Back