Low Water Pressure/Toilet Won't Flush

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonkbrock

Reaction score
My guest bathroom toilet is slow to flush, and sometimes won't flush at all. There is a spicket close to the bathroom that has low water pressure when I turn the hose on. The shower in there drains fine though and water pressure is fine. My other bathroom/hose spicket is fine. All the sinks in the house are good as well. What could be the problem?

I have tried running a toilet auger through and plunged many times. I replaced the insides of the toilet. My next step was going to be to take the toilet off the floor and run a snake through the line, but I wanted to check with the forum first.

You may have a calcium build up in the bowl. This doesn't allow the water the water in the tank to enter the bowl fast enough to flush the toilet. Try pouring a bucket of water directly into bowl at a fast rate. If it flushes OK then you have a build up.

John

John,
Thanks for your reply. I tried to flush the water down, but the toilet overflowed. That makes me feel like it's a blockage.... could a blockage affect water pressure?

no, your drainage and potable water systems are not connected directlly so a blockage in your drain cannot affect the water pressure.

if the water overflowed then you have a blockage and should hire someone to snake the line.

as far as the pressure goes, have the same plumber check the shutof at the toilet to see if it has calcium buildup in the domestic line. replace the angle stop and supply tube if so .

Back