Look for a replacement for a corner bathtub's surrounding wall piece

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay73

Reaction score
My old corner bathtub's surrounding wall piece has a big crack due to age. I have already used epoxy and fiber to cover up, but the epoxy started to peel off.
The surrounding wall has three pieces (separated by the red dash line in the photo), but I can't find the central piece (marked by a red arrow in the photo) in big home improvement stores, like HD, Lowes, or Menards, who only sells the whole set.
Is there any place I can get this curved piece?
IMG_20230723_173312159.jpg

Do you know what manufacturer made it? I tried google image search but didn't find anything similar to identify it. My guess is that it is a discontinued model and you may end up having to replace the whole thing.

Do you know what manufacturer made it? I tried google image search but didn't find anything similar to identify it. My guess is that it is a discontinued model and you may end up having to replace the whole thing.
Thanks Zanne. I don't know the manufacturer either. I'm fine with replacing the whole surround, but didn't find anything that has a curved central shelf piece. Any recommendations?

Thanks Zanne. I don't know the manufacturer either. I'm fine with replacing the whole surround, but didn't find anything that has a curved central shelf piece. Any recommendations?
In order to get something that fits, you may have to replace the tub as well since many of the things have somewhat proprietary designs. I wish that I could offer a recommendation but I had never seen a corner tub that had that sort of surround before. I've seen alcove tubs and showers but never a corner tub. I can try to look more later on but I really don't know.

I'm hoping one of the plumbers here may have an idea. I searched on HD and didn't seem to find anything that had a surround. I think they design most to have tile around them now.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help and I hope you can find something that works for you. Dimensions of the tub might help to know what size to look for.

Back