Leak around pipe coming from street

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryTarr

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a leak around the pipe that brings water from the street into the house. The leak appears to be right at the place where the pipe exits the slab but may be lower into the the slab. It is hard to tell where the actual leak is. Here is a link to a picture http://www.tarosoft.com/img_1229.jpg.

I was wondering what my options might be.

Thanks in advance
Gary

pg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that coming up though a finished garage floor?
Leak detection Service can often pinpoint the location of the leak and where the line is running with electronic equipment. Hard to tell how far away the leak is.
Depending on where the line is coming from, sometime it's better to just reroute it.

Mr. David,

Thanks you very much for your reply. I think I am going to try the leak detections service.

Regards
Gary

You could check your watre meter to see if it's moving when your not using water . That way you could determine if it's a leak in the pipe or ground water.

John

like they said but it will probably be cheaper to install a new line from the meter to the house then dig it up and search for leaks.

Back