Full port multi turn 3/4" hose bib?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasadena_commut

Reaction score
With the temporary 3/4" hose to irrigation pipe hook up I have two possible sources, a 3/4" ball valve and a 3/4" hose bib, both of which come off the same T and are at 80 psi. The problem is that the flow from the hose bib is insufficient, and the flow from the ball valve is a little too high. I looked into "high flow" hose bibs, but apparently it is just used as a synonym for a 3/4" connection.

What I would really like to find is a 3/4" hose bib with a gate valve (or something like that, allowing multiple turns of the handle for fine flow control) which opens to full port (or whatever the equivalent term might be for a gate valve). Does such a thing exist, perhaps some commercial hose bib?

There are 1/4 turn full port hose bibs like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Valve-M76QT-Quarter-4-Inch/dp/B0052EKFAE?th=1

but as far as I can tell it is just a ball valve with MHT threads on the outlet. It is my understanding that one should not use ball valves in anything other than the full open or full closed positions because anything else can cause vibrations or wear which eventually damage it and then it leaks. Are these ball valve hose bibs somehow designed to be able to work at intermediate positions without damage, or are they really just for full on/full off usage?

Thanks.

Back