Fridge Water Line hookup

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctct000

Reaction score
Hello,

I moved into a house with a new fridge, but the water line wasn't hooked up. It has the copper piping for the water line, but the fitting on the copper piping doesn't fit the fridge's water connector. Is there an attachment I could buy that would connect them?

Fridge2.jpg

Fridge1.jpg

It's pretty hard to confirm dimensions by viewing your pictures, but I would take the threaded black piece from your fridge to your local big box store, along with the dimensions of your copper tubing, which should be 1/4". From this point, you can either pick up an adapter in brass to join the two together or you could always cut the female threaded fitting on your existing incoming water source and use a compression fitting with a ferrel on your house side, with a threaded male fitting on the fridge side. You can also show these pictures to a plumbing house and they probably have an adapter which will allow for a real quick installation.

You need a 3/4" male hose thread by (probably) 1/4" compression adaptor. i say probably because the normal size for an icemaker hookup is 1/4", but I have seen them run in 3/8" and then reduced just before the fridge. Remove the black fitting in the second picture and compare it to the two different compression fitting sizes. And don't forget a hose gasket.

Back