Fridge ice maker line 1/4

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmaxi79

Reaction score
IMG_1655.jpegIMG_1656.jpegPlease could anyone help as to why this would not be working? Connection from tap runs fine but when connect 1/4 to 1/4 from white line to blue line on the fridge water backs up and leaks from tap at connection. Tried to replace push connector with pressure limiting valve but same issue. Thank you

Generally, we keep "banging" on whatever is wrong until it works.
if a push-connection leaks, then first we cut and use another section, in case the tube is off round. But, the o-rings get can go bad, so the connector needs to be swapped out.
Trial and error. there is no 'right' answer

Thanks for the reply. All parts working independently up to blue 1/4 line from fridge once that is connected causes connection at wall tap to leak. Water is backing up

water in a pressurized line has static pressure. There is no 'backing up' since pressure remains static.
leaks is leaks. all replaceable parts...it could be that the female screw fitting at the angle stop is not tight or ad nauseam failed somewhere

Why would the female screw fitting not be leaking when running water through the white pipe and through the pressure limiter but once the blue pipe is connected it starts to leak?

Why would the female screw fitting not be leaking when running water through the white pipe and through the pressure limiter but once the blue pipe is connected it starts to leak?
Back pressure. There’s a defect or it wouldn’t leak. Start over with the leaking connection.

Static pressure vs dynamic pressure. If running water through the reducer and out an open ended hose there is not enough pressure to push out of the adapter. When you connect to the appliance the static pressure builds and overcomes the adapter seal. Plastic threads are easy to cross thread. Also most angle stops use compression threads which don't seal and require a washer. If it's pipe thread you may need thread tape to get a good seal.

I’m giving the “ I’ve had a couple beer “ answers( short version) and GReynolds is giving the “ I’m half way through an 8-ball of cocaine “ answers, (long version ) 🤣🤡

It may be the way the pic was taken, but to me there is a change in diameter in the hoses, and the white line looks considerably smaller.

It may be the way the pic was taken, but to me there is a change in diameter in the hoses, and the white line looks considerably smaller.
It appears to be an optical illusion. Lookat the two lines on or near the floor. To me, the blue looks narrower. Thus, I conclude, they are probably the same.

Back