Faucet compatible with portable dishwasher

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissInked

Reaction score
So I live in an old building (built 1966) and the faucet that came with it was leaking so I replaced it a few months ago with a Furious pull out faucet from Amazon.ca. I also have a 90 gallon aquarium and a python water changer which I didn’t take into account when replacing the faucet but luckily the aerator comes off and I jimmy rigged 2 garden hose adapters together so that I could use my water changer. Last week I bought a used portable dishwasher, Inglis model IJC22053 but no matter what I do I cannot for the life of me find a combination of adapters or anything that allow me to hook this dishwasher up to my faucet. After 5 trips to Home Depot, 2 trips to Canadian Tire and a bag of 16 adapters off Amazon I finally discovered that my faucet and my dishwasher are both the same size at 15/16 but I can’t find any male 15/16 to female 15/16 adapters or couplings or anything so I’ve decided to throw in the towel and buy a new kitchen faucet as I’ve also seen some mixed reviews saying you shouldn’t use portable dishwashers with pull down or pull out faucets anyway as the hoses can’t withstand the pressure over time and could fail. However when I google “kitchen faucet compatible with portable dishwasher” that’s pretty much all I get even though there’s no mention of whether or not they’re actually compatible. So I’m here asking if anyone has any suggestions for kitchen faucets that I can actually use preferably under $150 CAD that still looks nice.

**sorry for the long story I just thought the more details included the better informed suggestions I might receive **

Photo 1 - my current pull out faucet
Photo 2 - the dishwasher connector
Photo 3 - my faucet with adapter combo for water changer
Photo 4 - close up of both adapters

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0115.jpeg
    IMG_0115.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
The pull down hose will burst eventually if you find the adapters to connect it.

The pull down hose will burst eventually if you find the adapters to connect it.
Yes that’s why I’m asking for suggestions on faucets that actually are compatible so I can replace my current faucet and actually use the portable dishwasher since as of right now it’s just taking up room I don’t have to spare in my dining room. .

Back