Extending water to backyard

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rx7_dreamz

Reaction score
Wanted to ask about a project I want to do soon. I need to extend the water main to my backyard so that I can install an irrigation system for a vegetable garden and some sod I'm going to put in. My question is, 1. next to the front yard valves I see a capped off PVC pipe which I assume is for the water main? and 2. I want to put the new valves on the other side of a brick wall a few feet to the right of the pipe that needs to be exteneded to the backyard area. I just wasn't sure the best way to extend the pipe should I just go between that little crevice between the block wall and my house, I see there's a gap I just may need to chip away at some of the concrete footing from the foundation and the wall. But do you think this would be the best course of action? It is definitely the shortest route.

Thank you in advanced!

1000001910.jpg1000001907.jpg1000001901.jpg1000001901.jpg

While it does seem close to the irrigation valves, my only advice is to assume nothing and be cautious. It looks like the white PVC that is capped is only 1 inch? Are your other valves/irrigation on an artesian well? One of the scary things about my old Florida house is that I have an old but working artesian well that puts out 20 gallons of pressurized water a minute when I bought the house I didn't know where the well head was and I cracked the PVC. The amount of water that gushed out was insane and by the grace of god I cracked it just in front of the last shut off valve but was buried deep in the ground. So just be careful for you can get into trouble like I just about did.

Back