Drain for vanity in roughed in basement bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundevil77

Reaction score
Hello, I am seeking guidance on how I should run a drain pipe to the proposed location of the vanity. I have attached a PDF that contains a few pictures of what I am thinking 'might' work. But clearly that is what I am seeking guidance on from folks who are experienced.

Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• Basement bathroom sketch.pdf
    605.7 KB
The 3" vertical that you plan to use as the sink drain appears to be your main waste stack. There are different kinds of "tee fittings", and the one you show is a Sanitary tee. That is usually used for horizontal to vertical drain connections and can be used there. However, as that is your main waste stack, you will need a separate vent for the sink P-trap. It appears that the line to the left in your picture is a vent line. Just confirm that and you can run a vent line from your sink P-trap over to it. The vent line needs to be vertical, or no more than 45 degrees off vertical, until it reaches 6" above the flood rim of the sink. Then it can be run at a slope of 1/4" per foot. And since the drain connection to the stack doesn't need to be used as a vent, it would be better to use a wye or a combo fitting for the drain connection. For the vent connection, you can use any tee fitting.

Back