DIY Mistakes to Avoid

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCollarBaller

Reaction score
I'm planning to do some DIY plumbing projects as I remodel a house, mostly updating fixtures, which is simple enough, but there are areas I may need to replace pipes. I have a bit of experience, but before I really dive into a DIY repipe, I wanted to see what advice y'all might have. What are some mistakes you've made (or heard about) when it comes to plumbing projects? What's your advice for getting through these DIY projects with the best possible result?

Well i think you best bet maybe PEX in my opinion copper crimp rings , you 1st need to make sure you main house valve holds PEX has to be supported every joist (my opinion)
You will still need to transition from what ever material is there to PEX, one of the more proven crimp tools out there is made by Mil3
Again my opinion

"IF" you don't want to buy expensive tools 'n such. Go with CPVC to replace piping. Transition fitting are pretty self explanatory (ex: Shark fittings), and using cpvc is so simple even one of my apprentices could use it with little or no training in its application. <- How-some-ever, I *always* double-checked any of my non-journeyfolks (I had a couple good women plumbers in my employ) work before I allow a job to "close".

Well i think you best bet maybe PEX in my opinion copper crimp rings , you 1st need to make sure you main house valve holds PEX has to be supported every joist (my opinion)
You will still need to transition from what ever material is there to PEX, one of the more proven crimp tools out there is made by Mil3
Again my opinion
I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

I was thinking about getting a plumber to do an inspection. Figure that could at least show what their recommendations could be. Do you think that makes sense?

Back