crash course ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruz71

Reaction score
I am new to the forum but not to the trade 4 yrs in i wasnt sure where to put this but i am from mass.boston and was wondering if anyone knew where i could take a crash course for plumbing and gas ?

Welcome to the forum, bruz. There is an 'Introductions' forum to let others know a little about you.
I have to ask you what you mean by a 'crash course'. I don't think that there is such a thing in plumbing unless there is a DIY class at a hardware or big-box store.
I've been in the trade for 11 years, 4 years of school, a journeyman's test, master's test and still there is a chance every day that a 'crash course' in plumbing can occur.

crash course is a course that gets you ready for your license test i heard theres one in hyannis ma but thats 1 hr and 20 mins away

Yeah, well, like Mr. David said. Good luck. I don't know how many years of school you already have or what the exam is like in your area. Our health department gives plumbers 3.5 hours for the first half and 3 hours for the second half of the exam for a reason. Crash courses don't exist around here. Maybe the 2 hrs, 40 min. round trip will be worth it.

I would suggest simplly reading and retaining all that you can..

I can tell you that you will need to know..

water weighs 62.4 lbs per cubic foot, 1 inch of head is equal to .0361 psi
murcury is 13.6 times more dense than water.
air weighs .076 lbs per ft 3
Ch4 is natural gas and has a R.D. of .6 and has 1000 btu per ft 3
and that there is a pile of other numbers you will need to retain 1.414 is the most used number when dealing with drainage. ( for 45 degree offsets ) 2.613 for 22 1/2 degree offsets.

but there is a LOT you need to know, and i can agree with Caladuceus COMPLETELLY that Crash courses can occur at any given time and any day in this trade, I am sure we ALL learn everyday .

:) Good luck .

Back