Cast iron nipples and fittings ideas

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morningwood

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanna start off by saying I am not a plumber, I work for a hvac company, and go to tech school at night for the same. Business is a little slow so right now so my boss has me reorganizing the stockroom. I was wondering what people are doing to store massive amounts of cast iron fittings and nipples. They range from 1/2" to 3". All nipples are under 12" long except for a few that are maybe 16" There are tons of fittings and nips. I have an idea that I think is pretty good but I want to see if some one has an idea of their own that will work better. If anyone has some pics or ideas for storage that would be great, thank you

Best i could think of is bins to sort them by size, then by type of fitting ( T, elbow, straight coupling, etc...). Thats what i did when i was sorting pipe fittings at work... :)

That's how it is now. They are all organized by type of fittings, and size of nipples. All of them are in milkcrates stacked on top of eachother. It still takes up alot of floor space though. I was thinking of something like this
Toy Box Toy Chest Wooden Oak Advantage Woodworks
I would attach it right to the wall studs and make it alot longer (maybe 12') with multiple sections, all reinforced of course.the bottom would have onesize nipples with same size fittings above, the next compartment would have the next size up and so on. I wanted to know if anyone has done something different in the past that has worked.

Back