Can quick-connect fittings be reconnected?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotterr

Reaction score
Can they be reconnected an unlimited number of times without leaking?

I don't know if 'unlimited' is possible without leaks, but I have reconnected them more than twice without any problems.

I don't know if 'unlimited' is possible without leaks, but I have reconnected them more than twice without any problems.

Is it as reliable as a screw-on metal fitting with rubber parts? Are there standards of reliability/reusability for the Q-C? If so what are they?

As posted above, I have connected and disconnected the push fit quick connectors many times without any leaks occuring. I do know the more you do it though the more likely a leak is to occur. You can check out the manufacturers specifications and see exactly what they recommend. Thats always the way to go.

As posted above, I have connected and disconnected the push fit quick connectors many times without any leaks occuring. I do know the more you do it though the more likely a leak is to occur. You can check out the manufacturers specifications and see exactly what they recommend. Thats always the way to go.

I've looked online, but have not seen any specifications listing the number of times it can be reconnected.

Back