Bathtub drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v00pbf

Reaction score
I have a foot stop (like danco's @HD) and recently had a clogging issue and it came lose. I cannot screw it back in the drain cross. On measuring, I find that the foot stop has OD 3/8" while the ID of the cross is another 1/32 more. Not sure if there is a part in between these two. Anybody can help?
If I need to change, do I have to replace the drain with a new one?

Thanks

Can you get a screw and strainer cover home depot or Lowes has alot of stainless machine screws ,do you need the toe tap ,there are others that just push in to the drain and stay in by friction,those don't have the quality like the thread in ones but it's an option

Can you get a screw and strainer cover home depot or Lowes has alot of stainless machine screws ,do you need the toe tap ,there are others that just push in to the drain and stay in by friction,those don't have the quality like the thread in ones but it's an option
The screw is part of the unit. Maybe the picture will help. I ee threads on the cross as well as the stopper.drain_plbf.jpg

There are two sizes of tip toe drain stoppers. Small pattern and large pattern.

The the actual strainer itself can be fine thread(rate) or a heavy pattern thread.

If the threads in the strainer are stripped, you must replace the shoe strainer, that’s the chrome piece that You see in the bottom of the tub that the stopper screws into.

Latest posts

Back