Bathroom faucet Slip joint nut leaking

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee1

Reaction score
Hello I replace my P trap on my bathroom faucet and had to replace the slip joint. I have metal piping and replaced it with pvc my P trap is inlet 1 1/4 and outlet 1 1/4 and the slip joint is 1 1/4 I am attaching a picture so you can see and hopefully tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried everything and right at the bottom of the slip joint nut water is getting threw I have the little ring facing the correct way on the pipe not sure if I could use tape or the purple sealing to make it tight fit. Any suggestion or tricks of the trade to puttting this back together with out any leaking. Also not sure if this matter but the sink seems to put a bit of presser on the pipe going down to the p trap like if I lift up the sink it move the piping so what I tried to do is set up the p trap with out moving the sink so the piping will all stay in the same place from start to finish. I know this is a easy job to do but it killing me so any help would be appreacitated

DSCN1645.jpg

DSCN1646.jpg

If you follow the leak stains, there is something leaking from above the slip nut. As far as the PVC connections, I personally would trash it all and start over using metal connections. You can snug them up tighter, look cleaner and last longer.

Not sure what joint your having problems with. My guess is it's the one at the wall. You need to use a metal nut for that joint. The plastic nut is to deep. It's not coming in contact with the washer.

John

Thanks guys for the help I used the metal slip joint nut and works like a charm

thanks again for you time and help

Back