ASSE-Exterior Faucet model

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momo007

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not sure on this exact model. I am posting some images. I would like a full repair kit. I am having trouble searching for information as I am searching ASSE-1018 and ASSE-1019A 2890. But I am not sure which model I have as the image looks more like ASSE 1018.

And parts for the 1019-A seem to be only a specific replacement part not the entire kit.

The most important is the vacuum breaker service parts because it leaks from the handle once you open the faucet and use it. A handle replacement would also be nice. All other operation seems fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_334.png
    Screenshot_334.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_335.png
    Screenshot_335.png
    642.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_336.png
    Screenshot_336.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
The name is on the cap. ASSE is a set of standards not the brand or model.
Search for Nibco 90 repair.

Ok that is why I was so confused. Will do. Thanks.

My issue is the water leaks from the handle when full open. Do I need the

RG5000H Nibco 95C Repair Kit​

or

NIBCO RG5000K 95C​

I think the RG5000K 95C is the correct part. Can someone confirm. The RG5000H 95C is the stem and that in on the rear of the housing.
I was told they stopped making parts in 2007 so not sure a 95C will fit a 90.

Attachments

• Screenshot_345.png
    Screenshot_345.png
    547.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_346.png
    Screenshot_346.png
    396.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Update: The 95C is all plastic parts. The 90 is all metal parts. Go figure modern is worse.
I put plumbers tape on the metal nut behind handle and that seems to have fixed the issue. I also pulled the stem out and there is a small part in the rear. The rubber seems good.
Is it the the metal nut or the stem rubber in the rear that causes this leak??? I found if I do not open the valve all the way the leak seemed to stop. Not sure as its raining today.

This video matches my part.

If the leak is from the handle tightening the metal packing nut should stop the leak by compressing the packing material around the stem. If the leak is from the spout a lot of times replacing the washer at the end of the stem should stop the leak. Does the end of your stem look like the RG5000H?

No. The stem looks like the one from the video. Very small. The rubber was still soft not hard. The leak is from the handle when open. And leaks near the handle. I have to keep the handle open for the sprinkler timer. So need to fix this handle leak. When the handle is tight there is no leak.

If you tighten the nut under the handle does that stop the leak?

If you tighten the nut under the handle does that stop the leak?
I did that this morning. I also added some plumbing tape to the thread. I find this helped as it's not as bad. Or maybe just re assembly helped.
If I open the valve all the way then I get about 10-15 drips a second. If I turn it slightly back a little the drip goes away. So much better now. I do not think this is100% a perfect seal. But no more drips. But you can feel water on your hand after checking time to time. So it's not fixed but good until I get a solution.
Should I add more plumbing tape? I did not add that much. Or is this not from the threads? The handle stem sticks out from the middle. I think the threads are just to tighten the entire valve stem in place. See video at 6:18 he also mentions he did some research and this Eastman stem part works since you can't get parts. LInk here. AMAZON So i will order this.

Last edited:
Back